Built on the site of the old castle and culminating at 63 meters it has a view going from Italy to Cape Martin. It consists of superimposed terraces.
Foreign burials and those of Mentonnais rub shoulders.
Read more
Show less
The former castle of Menton, which became national property, was acquired by the Commune in 1807. After extensive development work, the necropolis became permanent in 1902.
The graves of Menton families are close to those of foreign colonies. Fleeting memories of human vanity, some names are remembered: John Richard Green, English historian, Alfred Woltmann, German historian, William Webb Ellis, the inventor of rugby, Hans Georg Tersling, Danish architect, Abel Glena and Alfred Marsang,...